Utah County MOMS Chapter hosted another wonderful event at the UVU Culinary Arts Center (661 E Timpanogos Parkway, Orem, Utah) on Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 11:00 am. The brunch was delicious and prepared by the culinary students. It included fruit, muffins, Danish pastries, Quiche, sausage, bacon, juice, and crepes with mango, apple and strawberry fillings. A special thank you to K.J. Francom, Cafe Manager.
This special event honored Utah’s mothers and lauded those mothers who have been recognized in the state or nationally:
- 2017 Utah Mother of the Year LouAnn Christensen (Brigham City)
- 2017 National Mother of Achievement Sharon Lay (Highland)
- 2017 Utah Mothers Honoree Sharon Welker (Draper)
- 2017 Utah Mothers Honoree Holly Richardson (Pleasant Grove)
- 2016 American Mother National Lifetime Achievement Recipient Sherri Zirker (Richfield)
- 2013 Utah and National Mother of the Year Judy Cook (Vineyard)
- 2009 Utah Mother of the Year Dixie Clifford (Orem)
- 2013 National Barbara Thompson Award Recipient Jill Bigelow (Pleasant Grove)
- 2014 National Mother of Achievement Lynn Callister (Provo)
- 2015 National Barbara Thompson Award Recipient Gladeeh Begaye (Orem)
We were privileged to hear from LouAnn Christensen and Sharon Lay as they shared their experiences and impressions of the American Mothers National Convention at the Willard International Hotel in Washington, DC. They both shared stories of amazing mothers that they had met from all over the country and the wonderful things they are doing for home and family.
Four Miss Utah and Miss Orem contestants presented a fashion show, shared they platforms, and presented their talents. They were under the direction of Donna Millard, director for Miss Orem Pageant.
The Silent Auction was a huge success, thanks to the excitement and generosity of those who donated items, such as a couple nights at a cabin in Fairview, a couple nights at a condo on the golf course in St. George, a new Bosch mixer, quilts, homemade jams and jellies, and so much more.
The date has not been set for next year’s event, but look forward to a “Save the Date” announcement. You won’t want to miss this event.